The most informal marketing attempt EVER.
Just to throw this out there, I will be opening up for commissions of various types to make use of my procrastination time and draw more.
The motivation behind this is honestly to prove doubtful daddyo WRONG (And to stop screwing myself over), that I can actually make money with art without having to price shit at like $400
BUT I NEED YOUR GUYS' HELP PLEASE!
I'm going to refine commission prices and samples but I'd really like some feedback on the following for starters:
-Which style of drawing appeals to you the most
-Which style of colouring appeals to you most
-Which style you'd like to see
You can do this AND be entered into a raffle for participating to win a full coloured, head and shoulder drawing like this bitch of ONE character.
.::HOW TO THIS RAFFLE::. (Fuck English)
1. Do me a HUGE favour and pick out two drawings from my gallery. One that you would like to see more of, and one that you would like to see less of/think is a style I should focus less on.
2. Place these two drawings in a comment below this journal like so, and answer questions IN THE COMMENTS, NO NOTES. NOT NOTES. NO. NOTES.
3. SHARE THIS, AND LINK ME YOUR JOURNAL
(You can just copy and paste this and replace with your questions
1. Why does this appeal to you the most as a consumer? (EX: Crisp appealing style, intriguing to a wider selection of audiences)
2. Why should I continue it? (EX: I feel it's easier to make therefore you can make many and gain more interest by doing this style)
3. Is there anything that could be added/subtracted to improve it? (EX:Cleaner shading,more noticeable eyes)
4. Would you commission me for this style? Why/why not? What's the MAXIMUM amount you'd pay for a commission of this style ( 1 fullbody, coloured character without bg) (EX: Yes! I really like the crisp anime style and it makes my character look fabulous. I would pay $5-$8 for this.
5. Any other comments/suggestions? (EX: You should get better at backgrounds, I feel potential for you <---This is acceptable, and a more "for fun" question c: go nuts
1. Why does this not appeal to you as a consumer? (EX: Unfinished lines, sketchy incomplete looking dude you didn't even stay in the lines)
2. Why should I not continue this style? (EX: It's not attractive, and you'll barely sell any of these I feel)
3. Is there anything that could be added/subtracted to improve it? (Cleaner lines, make it look like you put effort in)
4. Would you commission me for this style? Why/why not? What's the MAXIMUM amount you'd pay for a commission of this style ( 1 fullbody, coloured character without bg) (Ex: No. Have you seen this piece of crap? It should be in your scraps, I ain't buying this. It has an unfinished look and is ugly so is the cat guy. -$3000000, I'll never buy that crap)
5. Any other comments/suggestions? (EX: He'd look better naked lol.)
[Shared journal link goes here]
AGAIN, fill this out, give valid answers (if you don't put in thought and it's obvious you're not going to be entered and I won't tell you and you can sit in vain wondering if you won when you'd never win HAHAHAHAHA.....ahem.
Answer seriously though, please it means a lot to me. I haven't been getting much feedback and just a bunch of fav and runs and I'm the person who reads all the comments and if they're not really spam or continues of small talk that isn't going anywhere, I make efforts to reply! I NEED feedback. That is the purpose of this.
Give me feedback and I give you art.
****Depending on how I feel, there could be multiple winners or bigger prize. I give "SURPRIZES" get it.
Raffle date tba, i'll give lots of time for AT LEAST, 10 entrants
I WANT HONESTY, DON'T SUGAR COAT
BE STRAIGHT UP WITH ME, I WON'T CRY